Municipal Elections 2021
When? Sunday, November 7, 2021
Municipal elections will be held on Sunday, November 7, 2021 in all Quebec municipalities. Visit this page regularly for all the up-to-date information regarding the electoral process to be conducted at the Municipality of Val-des-Monts.
September 17 to October 1, 2021, 4:30 p.m. (by appointment during city hall opening hours)
Visit the www.electionsquebec.qc.ca/municipales/candidats to know the electoral candidates.
Mail-in Ballots Available to Eligible Voters on the Electoral List
At its regular meeting on May 4, 2021, the Municipality of Val-des-Monts passed Motion 21-05-129, which allows mail-in ballots for all those appearing on the electoral or referendum list, be they regular voters or individuals allowed to vote as non-residents.
This measure is a first in Val-des-Monts, and Council authorized it to ease both voter access and the 2021 municipal elections overall as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. What’s more, mail-in ballots will allow more citizens to take part in the democratic process designed to make their voices heard at the municipal level.
Mail-in ballots will therefore be available to those meeting the following criteria and appearing on the official electoral list :
- Persons appearing on the electoral or referendum list as a registered voter or as someone authorized to vote in a capacity other than that of resident of Val-des-Monts for the elections on November 7, 2021.
- Residents of Val-des-Monts living in a private seniors residence listed in the registry provided under chapter S-4.2 of the Act Respecting Health Services and Social Services or living in a facility as described in the second paragraph of section 50.
- Residents of Val-des-Monts unable to leave their residence because of health issues.
- Residents of Val-des-Monts serving as someone’ caregiver and who are living with that person.
- Residents of Val-des-Monts for whom self-isolation has been recommended or ordered by public health authorities because of COVID-19.
- Residents of Val-des-Monts aged 70 and up on the day of the elections.
The Municipality invites eligible voters to fill out the form that applies to their situation.
If you have questions, feel free to contact the office of the returning officer at 819-457-9400, extension 2206, 2205 or 2200.
Form - Power of Attorney for Registration on the List of Electors or the Referendum List and Application to Vote by Mail
- Designation of the person to register onto the list among the co-owners of a immovable or the co-occupants of a business establishment
Form - Application for Registration on the List of Electors or the Referendum List and Application to Vote by Mail
PICKING UP CANDIDATE KITS
Eligible voters from Val-des-Monts who want to run for Municipal Council (either as mayor or as a councillor for wards 1 to 6) can now book an appointment during regular municipal hours with the Office of the Returning Officer (819-457-9400, extension 2205, 2206 or 2200) to receive the kit containing nomination papers, as well as guides and general information on the elections process.
SUBMITTING YOUR CANDIDACY
You must book another appointment to sign and hand-deliver your nomination papers at the Office of the Returning Officer (or to the office of the assistant appointed to receive papers, if applicable) according to the schedule below.
Nomination period: September 17 to October 1, 2021
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday*: 8:30 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
*Note: On Friday, October 1, 2021, the Office of the Returning Officer will be open non-stop from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Public notice - Revision of the list of electors (voting by mail)
- Public notice - Annoucements of poll and who is running for office
- Public notice - List of election staff
- Public notice - Modification of the scheduled sessions of the municipal Council
- Public notice - To building owners and occupants of a business establishment
- Public notice - Voting by mail
Election of the Warden of the MRC des Collines-de-l'Outaouais
For the first time, on November 7th, you will be invited to vote for your new MRC des Collines-de-l'Outaouais warden!
In the past, the MRC's Warden was chosen from among the mayors who sat on the Council of Mayors. At its meeting held on February 20, 2020, the Council of Mayors of the MRC des Collines unanimously adopted a bylaw according to which the choice of the Warden will henceforth be made by universal suffrage. This bylaw cannot be repealed.
The Warden represents not only the mayors, but also the citizens of his MRC. He or she represents the interests of several municipalities. The role of the Warden allows several municipalities to speak with one voice on common issues.
If you live on the territory of a municipality of the MRC des Collines-de-l'Outaouais, you must vote for the Warden in the municipality where you reside at the same time as the vote for your mayor and municipal councillor, on November 7, 2021.
If you live in a municipality, but own one or more properties elsewhere in the MRC des Collines-de-l'Outaouais, you must vote for the Warden in the municipality where you reside (where your permanent residence is located).
- Public notice - Reimbursement of election expenses - General election of November 5, 2017
- Public notice - Complete results - Municipal election of november 5, 2017
- Results - General election of November 5, 2017
Municipal elections will be held on Sunday, November 5, 2017 in all Quebec municipalities. Visit this page regularly for all the up-to-date information regarding the electoral process to be conducted at the Municipality of Val-des-Monts.
- Directeur général des élections du Québec Website
- Municipal elections of November 5, 2017: Get informed, verify, vote
- List of candidates
- Public notice - Withdrawal of a candidate for mayor
- Public notice of elections proclamation at the end of the nomination period
- Public notice of the revision of the municipal list of electors
- Public notice of the poll
- Notice of elections
- Public notice - November 5, 2017
FOR THE COUNCILLOR'S POSITION IN WARD NO. 5
If you’d like to run for the councillor’s position, you can submit your candidacy from January 18 to February 1, 2019, on the days and at the times appearing on the election notice that will be published by January 18, 2019. Advanced voting takes place on February 24, 2019, and the official election is scheduled for March 3, 2019.
February 1, 2019: At the end of the nomination period for the March 3, 2019 By-election, the Returning Officer, Patricia Fillet, announces that there are 4 candidates for the position of Councilor for ward number 5:
- Michel Caron, Authorized Independent Candidate
- Joëlle Gauthier, Authorized Independent Candidate
- Claude Lafleur, Independent Candidate
- Denis Tessier, Authorized Independent Candidate
News release and Public Notices regarding the by-election of March 3, 2019:
- Public notice - By-election march 3, 2019 for the position of district councilor NO. 5
- Public Notice - By-Election
- Public Notice - To the sole owners of an immovable, the sole occupants of a business establishment, the undivided co-owners of an immovable and the co-occupants of a business establishment
- Public Notice - Revision of the municipal list of electors
- Public Notice - Poll
Link to the Directeur général des élections' website: